- Log into your Pinterest account. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you’ll need to create one. (Don’t worry it’s free and you can delete it later if you want).
- Once you go through the quick set up process, you’ll be directed to the Pinterest home page feed. This is where you will see a bunch of suggested pins.
- Click on your username in the top right:
- Click on Boards:
- Click on Create board.
- Name your board ‘Inspiration for [YOUR WEBSITE NAME]‘. Be sure to make the board Secret using the toggle, then click Create.
- Now you’ll be taken to your empty board where you can start filling it in with beautiful images. Search for images using the Search bar at the top of the page.
- You can also add images you find on the web. Most websites have a Pin It button, or you can take screenshots and upload them from within your board.
- Look for images that speak to you when it comes to how you want your brand to feel. Fill your board with things like:
- Color palettes you are drawn to
- Logos that you think are representative of your brand
- Fonts or typography that you are attracted to
- Graphic designs you like
- Website designs that speak to you
- ***Important: Be sure to add a description to each Pin that tells me why you’ve chosen the Pin (i.e. you liked the colors, the style, the fonts, etc…). You must enter the description below the image in the dialog box before selecting the board you’d like to add it to:
- It’s best to try and add at least 5 pins for each type of image listed above.
Once you’ve completed filling in your inspiration board…
- Share the board with me…
- Click on your username at the top right again, then select Boards once again.
- Scroll down just a tad to the Secret Board section.
- Find your inspiration board and click the pencil (Edit) icon.
- Add email@example.com to the collaborators section
- Click Save.
You did it!
This inspiration will really help me to get a holistic view of your business and allows me to provide you with a relevant, streamlined brand. Thanks for taking the time to do your homework 🙂
Hey friend, want free DIY design stuff?
I've got an entire library of FREE goods just for you! Join the 10,000+ others and get instant access now!